Temporary Skilled Shortage (TSS) Visa (Subclass 482)

This visa enables employers to address labour shortages by bringing in genuinely skilled workers where they cannot source an appropriately skilled Australia. TSS visa holders can work in Australia in their nominated occupation for their approved sponsor under one of three streams :

  • the Short-Term stream – for occupations on the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) for a maximum of up to 2 years (or up to 4 years if an international trade obligation applies)
  • the Medium-Term stream – for occupations on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) for up to 4 years
  • the Labour Agreement stream – for employers entering into a labour agreement with the departing when there is a demonstrated need that cannot be met in the Australian labour market and standard temporary or permanent visa programs are not available.

Visa Highlights:

  • There is no age limit for this visa.
  • Have worked in your nominated occupation, or a related field, for at least two years (unless this is not required under the labour agreement)
  • Bring your family to work and study in Australia
  • Freedom to travel in and out Australia during the visa validity period
  • Must meet certain minimum standards of English language proficiency (as outlined below) unless exemptions apply
  • After a period of employment of total three years in the same position under the Medium-Term stream, you may be able to be sponsored by the same employer through the Temporary Residence Transition stream under ENS (Subclass 186)

To get through the application process of 482 visas, the applicant must have a government approved Australian employer to sponsor them. The 3 main steps in the visa application processes are:

  1. Sponsorship – Sponsor

  2. Nomination – Sponsor

  3. Visa Lodgment upon approval of the Sponsorship & Nomination – Visa Applicant

Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186)

This visa is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers. It allows you to work in Australia under one of three streams:

  1. Temporary Residence Transition stream:

  • Applicant who was employed full-time in Australia in the approved TSS nominated position for a total period of 3 years in the 4 years immediately before lodging the nomination application, unless for 457 visa holders or exempt

  1. Direct Entry stream:

  • People who have been nominated by their employer under the Direct Entry Stream

  • People who have never, or only briefly, worker in Australia, or

  • Temporary Residents who do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition Stream

  1. Labour Agreement stream

  • Applicant who is being sponsored by an employer through a labour agreement

This visa involves a two-step process, firstly, nomination by an approved Australian employer and then lodge a visa application under the nominated stream

Visa Highlights:

  • Stay and work in Australia indefinitely

  • Study in Australia with no restriction

  • Eligible to apply for Australian citizenship

  • Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence

  • Freedom to travel in and out of Australia for 5 years from the date the visa is granted

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa (Subclass 187)

This visa is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers who want to work in regional Australia. It allows you to work in Australia under one of the three streams:

  • Temporary Residence Transition Stream

  • Direct Entry Stream

Take a Free Visa Assessment or Contact Us now to check if you are qualified for any type of work visa.



Working Holiday Maker Programme

This programme encourages cultural exchange and closer ties between arrangement countries by allowing young people to have an extended holiday supplemented by short-term employment. It consists of two visa subclasses: the Working Holiday (Subclass 417) visa and the Work and Holiday (Subclass 462). The type of visa application depends if the applicant’s passport is from an eligible country.

Application type

Where to lodge your application

Who this is for

First Working Holiday visa (Subclass 417)

Outside Australia

For people outside Australia aged 18 to 30 years of age, who are interested in a working holiday of up to 12 months in Australia.

You must hold a valid passport from a country involved in the Working Holiday Program with Australia.

Second Working Holiday visa (Subclass 417)

In / Outside Australia

For eligible people in or outside Australia who are interested in a second working holiday visa.

Important: If you are in Australia, you should apply for your second Working Holiday visa before your current visa ceases.

Work and Holiday visa (Subclass 462)

Outside Australia

For people outside Australia aged 18 to 30 years of age, who are interested in a working holiday of up to 12 months in Australia.

Note: Only USA Passport holder can apply online

Extending the work limitation

In Australia

Working Holiday (Subclass 417) and Work and Holiday (Subclass 462) visa holder may be given permission to work for an employer beyond six months where exceptional circumstances exist. Where permission is granted, it will generally be for a short period of time (less than one month).

Both (Subclass 417 & Subclass 462) visas allow the visa holders to stay and work in Australia for up to 1 year. You can also study in Australia for up to 4 months. Working Holiday Visa holders can have a Second Working Holiday Visa for another 12 months should they meet the requirements