Thinking of Studying Abroad?

Student Visa Flow Chart


Generally school admissions for Australian universities are in the months of February and July. Some institutes provide November intake as well. Students in the initial consultations will be guided by our education consultants to schedule their study plans together.

Student Visa (Subclass 500)

International student wishing to apply for a student visa must be enrolled with an institution and in a course that is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). CRICOS registration guarantees that the course and the institution at which you study meet the high standards expected by international students.

All levels of Education that is made available to International Students:

  • ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students)

  • Primary or Secondary

  • VET (Vocational Education and Training) Courses

  • Higher Education Courses – Bachelor or Associate Degree, Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma, Masters Degree by Coursework or Higher Education Diploma or Advanced Diploma

  • Postgraduate Research Degrees

  • Non – Award Courses – Non-award foundation studies courses or components of a course that do not lead to an award

Visa Highlights:

  • Student and their family members will be allowed to work 40 hours per fortnight when your course is in session and unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks.

  • Family members of student can work unlimited hours if the student is undertaking a postgraduate course, such as a Masters Degree once the course starts.

  • Eligible family members can accompany student to Australia and usually their visas are granted with the same length of time as the students.

Student Guardian Visa (Subclass 590)

This visa allows a parent or person who has custody of the student, or a relative who is 21 years or older and has been nominated in writing by a parent or someone who has custody of the student may apply for a Student Guardian Visa to accompany student who is under 18 years of age to stay in Australia until the students turn 18 years of age.

Visa Highlights:

  • If granted the visa, you can live in Australia for the same length of time as the student for whom you are guardian, or until the student turns 18 years of age

  • Not bring family members younger than 6 years of age, except under certain circumstances

  • Study an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) for less than 20 hours per week

  • Study in Australia for up to 3 months, if you intend to study more than 3 months, you must apply for a student visa

Being familiar with the school enrolment procedures and the immigration policy, Our Immigration Consultants are capable of binding all the conditions of our clients and provide a detailed and customized long-term study and life planning advices. We are committed to promote International Cultural and Education Exchange. We have co-operated with many international institutions to provide academic exchanges, training and learning international educational consulting services. Besides, we are actively promoting substantive cooperation between the local universities and foreign universities to bring sound future for our next generations. You can be assured that in Global United Enterprise you will have a high quality and rewarding study experience.

Take a Free Visa Assessment or Contact Us now to have more information.